Friday 22 August 2008

Happy Bday Chennai..

Chennai celebrates its 369th birthday today *claps* *claps*... On this very day, August 22nd 1639,British administratore Francis Day is reported to have recieved the grant for privileges in Medraspatam, the then Chennai. It was official granted that day and the rest as they say is history.

I for one person is born and brought up in Chennai and I'm totally in love with this place. Be it shopping in T.Nagar/Spencers/Citi Center , The Saravana Bhavans that i'm always faithful to thou' how many ever eateries come by, The Beach, ECR and ofcourse Anna nagar(which was once a quiet residential place is now buzzling with activities) and Kilpauk where I spent all my child hood. In connection with the Madras/Chennai Day celebrations a lot of events and competitions have been planned including heritage walks and nature walks , quiz competitions and a lot more. For more details you can check out the Madras Day site here

It is my love for Chennai that I started to blog about it. I know I'm not being all that regular. But, starting on Chennai's 369th bday I'm planning to write a weekly column called 'The food Factor' on every Friday starting next week in which I will be sharing my experiences in the various eatries in and around the city.

3 comments:

Meghna said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHENNAI!!
Congrats :)

I love the place :P

Vasanthan said...

i am a food crazy person. this space will serve as a catalog. with the one month i have i intend to see more of Chennai.

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Waiting for it
tc
cu