Friday 26 September 2008

Food Factor # 4

Eatery : French Loaf / Maple Leaf

Cuisine: Desserts, Sandwiches, Pies

Ambience:

This place is one of my favourite in the city. Right from the place where it is conveniently located to the ambience its jus' a perfect place to hang around with your friends. I ve been to this place to over a dozen of times but still this place would be my first choice to enjoy an evening with friends or family.

On the ground floor is French loaf and in the first floor is Maple Leaf ( a Chocolate Lounge). This place has also got an alfresco kinda dining apart form its cozy innteriors. On the whole I would rate it 8/10. As much as my friends like the place, my parents enjoy it as well.

Food:

Turkish Brownie (Yumm! Yumm! My personal fav.)
Chocolate Classic (Yumm!)
Pineapple Mousse (Average)
Chocolate Mousse (Yum! Yum!)
Chocolate Eclair (Average)
Muffins (Yum! Yum!)
I love their sandwiches as well. When you wanna order for sandwiches they provide you with a sheet with variuos options and you can choose what goes into your sandwich right from the kind of bread, to cheese to the veggies and the sauces. Very filling and worth its price.

I would rate the food an 8/10.

Service:

It's one of those rare places in Chennai where the service is good each time I visit there. You might jus' have to push them a lil bit to bring your bill at the end of your meal. I would rate the service 7.5/10

Average cost for two: Rs.250
Address: 9, Harrington Road, Near Lady Aandal School, Harrington, Chetpet HO, Chennai
Phone: 044- 43561333, 43561666

A must visit place if you love desserts !

4 comments:

ShantanuDas said...

did you give the address? I missed it maybe. Always give address and directions so that we too can eat..

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@shantanudas

Thanks for reminding, I completely forgot. Will do it right away..

Vasanthan said...

ohhh so sinful!!!
so much chocolate, how am i gonna resist it?

i am sure it would be worth the 100 sit-ups i need to do to make up for so much chocolates!

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@vasanthan

It definetly is worth the workout :) Don misss this place :)