Friday 5 September 2008

Food Factor # 2


Eatery : Bombay Blue

Cuisine: Indian, Italian, Mexican, Mediteranean.

There I was at the much hyped recently opened Bombay blues restaurant last weekend. Each time I passed through the college road, I always saw this place flooded with people so to play it safe we made a reservation the minute we planned to go there for lunch. Six of us (family and friends) went there for a lunch out last sunday.

Ambience:

My first impression on the place was that it was vibrant and trendy with its colorful interiors (in the hues of blue, orange, yellow, red), flat screen TV and with the backgroud music it played. I would rate the ambience 7.5/10

Food:

On having a look at the menu, I was astonished to see the variety of cuisine in offer all in one restaurant. Looks like Chennai is catching up on this trend. The items on offer ranged from sandwiches to Pav Bhaji to Nachos to sizzlers to pastas..

Items we ordered:

Italian Tomato Soup (Good)
Bombay blue falafel (Average)
Paneer Tikka (YUM!!)
French Fries (Good)
Punjabi Thali (Good)
Paneer and Vegetable Shaslik (Good)
Veggie Sizzler (Good)
Enchiladas (Yum!)
Sizzling Chocolate Brownie (Yum!)
Peach Melba (Yum!)
Ice cream Soda (Good)

There was so much variety that it actually took me quite a lot time as to decide on what I wanted to have .
I especially liked their Paneer Tikka , they were so so soft and tasted YUM!! Never have I tasted them so good. The Enchiladas were good too, we opted for the one filled with Rajmah . The Sizzlers were good but can be much better. We ended our meal on a sweet note with Ice cream soda, Peach Meba and Sizzling chocoloate brownie.
Loved their deserts, especially the way the chocolate was poured on to make it sizzling hot (literally!). I would rate the food 7/10.

Pricing:

Overall liked the experience, thou'the pricing was a bit on the expensive side it looks like it is worth it all. A must visit for all those of you who love your food and would like to try out new cuisines.

Average cost for two: Rs.800


Address: Bombay Blue, College Road, Chennai - 600006.
Phone no: 43596633

8 comments:

Vasanthan said...

I will definitely visit this restaurant, i am a great fan of Falafel, i used to eat lots of it on Tuesdays and Fridays (veg Days) when i was in Aus. i never tot i could get it in India. thanks for fulfilling my craving.

falafel wrapped with pita bread(u could use chapatis), cheese, garlic yogurt and tahini sauce is heavenly.

sansmerci said...

somehow i hated BB.. i wrote on burrp and they offered me another free visit too after reading it.. but again i wasnt impressed ..

m blogrolling you :)

Unknown said...

wow... loooks yummyliscious..
im already drooling..

Unknown said...

x( x( x(

Your post makes me wanna goto a restaurant right now and spend lotsa money on delicious food. :(

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Vasanthan

Glad that I provided you with some useful info :) I liked the falafel I had at BB, but this was the first time I was tasting one.. So, don really know if that's its original taste. But liked it :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@sansmeric

Okay! Tastes and experiences differ :) There are a couple of my other friends who didnt like the place too.

Thanks for blogrolling me, will link you as well :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@s.h.a.s.h.i

:) Check it out when you visit Chennai :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Alok

Try it out, I'm sure you wouldn be disappointed :)