Saturday 13 September 2008

Food Factor # 3


Eatery: Wangs Kitchen (Anna Nagar)
Cuisine: Chinese
I was there today for dinner at Wang's Anna nagar outlet. The place was almost full by the time we reached there .
Ambience:

The ambience was perfect for dinner out with family/friends on a saturday evening. The theme of the restaurant gelled well with the cuisine it had to offer with chinese symbols , lucky charms tied in the corners. On settling down I started clicking few pics as usual to be put up here :) I woyld rate the ambience 7/10.

Food:
We ordered for

Wonton veg. Soup (Good)
Dragon Cauliflower (Yum!!)
Veg.Noodles (Average)
Schezwan fried rice (Good)
Veg.Manchurian balls (Average)
Fried Ice Cream (Yumm! Yum!!)







On the whole it was an average experience , I 've always liked their starters (Dragon cauliflower) and my mum loved it too . And the fried Ice cream (my all time favourite) deserves a thumbs up too. In veg. dishese these 2 are a must try in this place. I would rate their food a 7/10.
Service:
In the begining it all seemed perfect but as more people started coming the waiters were behind your back to see to it you left the place soon. They removed the table mat even before we could order for the desserts. I would rate the service 6.5/10.
Average cost for two: Rs. 250
Location: Click here to find their various locations in Chennai.

9 comments:

sansmerci said...

i love wangs kitchens fried noodles (which is American chopsuey)its awesome . my mom loves their wantons .. will def try the dragon cauliflower n fried ice cream soon!

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@sansmeric

You defienetly should, one of my favourites. I ll try out the freid noodles as well the next time I drop in there :)

Vasanthan said...

Wontons are usually made with minced meat. i have been eating it without knowing that it is pork that they usually put inside since i was 10 years old. untill few years back.

after knowing it i till can't resist the wontons. i still eat them although according to my religion i should not eat pork.

now i have a vegetarian alternative.

Kalpana said...

I think, I have been to this place. Do you eat non-veg? If, check out Kabab factory too in Chennai. I loved the kababs there...

sansmerci said...

chek my new blog

http://chennaifoodreviews.blogspot.com/

sansmerci said...

chek my new blog

http://chennaifoodreviews.blogspot.com/

ShantanuDas said...

hmmmm... this is a blog which was needed by me! Since I am new here I would like to know where I can find what I need in chennai.

Again thanks to you!
But ahh... I must say I have a negative feeling about Chennai.. [Dont mind please] though of course there are many good places too here. Maybe because in my mind I keep comparing with other cities I have stayed in or visited.. whatever.. it is all a matter of perception.. I know.

Wang's Kitchen, Anna Nagar, I did not like. Because it was in a basement like area- you need to walk down stairs like into some dingy nook.. and the lighting was poor. it is not proper ambience.. seemed more like a dingy restaurant (ha! I know you will be surprised at the difference between my opinion of the place and yours-- so I had said in the beginning that it is all a matter of perception..so you need not mind..)..

They do not even allow you to sit properly.. in a proper chinese restaurant.. one would not expect them to behave like a roadside but that is what happened to me.. i was alone and was made to share with two men one table.. I was hungry and did not have time to go anywhere else and wanted something different in this city so wanted to test this place .. and found that the taste was no good either.. not upto the mark.. i forget what I ate some chowmein I guess which everybody can make.. but making it the chinese way is what is needed.. this tasted as if made in a clay pot
:(

the_ultimate_generation said...

PLEASE DONT EAT HERE. I had the most horrible experience . I was totally food poisoned and was on bed for like 6 days.... spent the night fully throwing up. I ordered all the same things that you did except the friend ice cream.
i couldnt even finish up the noodles because it is dipped in oil. there is a limit to put oil. this is too much. please consider your health too. i rate this pace -5/10. its MINUS FIVE. please dont visit here. the service is too good.. but whats the use!

ShantanuDas said...

Like I said. I did not like Wang's Kitchen.... if you have never tasted Chinese Food elsewhere. you will feel it is ok.. only when you travel and compare then you know what is good food... Reviews of Food should be done by people who have eaten at various places and in various different cities